Thursday, November 19, 2009

Obie Trice - Special Reserve (The 411)

Here is a video explaining how Obie Trice's new Street Album, Special Reserve, came about. If I understood the video right, all of these are tracks he recorded right before signing to Shady Records. MoSS was aparently a little upset that none of his tracks made Cheers, save "Make it to 8 Mile" which was only on the international version. Anyways MoSS called him up recently to see if he was down with putting this album out and Obie agreed. I think it will be very interesting to hear these tracks. The two tracks in the video sound crazy. Obie's one of my favorite artists, so I'll definitely be buying this. MoSS is a beast on the boards. I wish they would throw in "Well Known Asshole" and "Gimme My Dat Back" on the album, but I guess those have been heard too many times.

Obie Trice - Special Reserve (The 411)



Download his first single, "Got Hungry," here.

No comments:

Post a Comment