Wednesday, October 14, 2009

VH1 Hip Hop Honors 2009

Last night, VH1 had on their annual Hip Hop Honors. There were a lot of great performances but here are my three favorite.

Eminem, The Roots & Dj Jazy Jeff - Rock The Bells

Eminem and Black Thought performed for the first time last night. They are also scheduled to perform a cipher together at the 2009 BET Hip Hop Awards. I'm really glad they got Eminem to perform this LL Cool J song because Cool J was one of Eminem's favorite rappers growing up.



Ja Rule & Ashanti - Down For You/Always On Time

This was another performance I was definitely looking forward to. It was great to see Ja Rule and Ashanti reunite and share the stage. For the past few years they had been beefing. It's glad to know they could put their differences aside an perform 2 of their classics.



Onyx - Slam

I'll be honest with you, I didn't expect Onyx's performance to be good at all. To me Slam is one of their most overplayed songs and I would have preferred to hear another song from them. But I was all wrong. They killed it! They brought so much energy to the stage. It was almost like it was their first time performing it. Sticky was up on the freaking Speakers rapping! It was a very great performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment