Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just Copped: Volume 2

Ok so today I went to Best Buy and bought 4 albums. They were: Cam'Ron - Crime Pays, Cam'Ron - Purple Haze, Shwayze - Shwayze, and Eminem - The Eminem Show.



I had to buy the new Cam album (Crime Pays) cause I've anticipated it ever since his song "Curtisss" came out dissing 50 Cent. A lot of people won't admit it but Cam really got at 50 with that song, caused 50 to change the name of his album and everything to try to make Cams song backfire. Of course a lot of people thought Cam lost cause he wasn't out there responding to 50's other disses and shit, but really he was just taking care of his sick mother. Anyways there was a huge drought with no Cam, except for Public Enemy #1 which seemed like it only made the wait for his album longer. I'm so glad this album is finally out. Some say this cd isn't up to par with his others, but its certainly miles ahead of Jim Jone's recent album, Prey IV Reign. If anything buy the album to show Jim that Cam is still boss and show that he made a big mistake by hopping on stage with 50 during the whole 50 vs. Cam beef. My favorite song on this album is "Curve".

I bought Purple Haze because lets face it, its definitely a recent classic. The whole album bangs from begging to end. And the Mizzle skits are hilarious! This is the first album that really got me into Cam. In my opinion it's his best album. The production was on point too, and it shows why Dipset had it on lock at the time. If you haven't heard this album, shame on you! Go listen. My favorite track on there is probably "Killa Cam". It's really hard to narrow it down to one song though, cause its a classic.

The Shwayze album (Shwayze) was also a must buy. I remember last August when the album leaked. I had wanted to check out the album, after seeing commercials for their TV show. I also had heard a couple of their songs on breaks in between TV shows on MTV and thought they sounded pretty decent. Anyways I never got around to checking out the album. It was probably because a lot of albums were coming out around the same time and I just forgot about it. I kept thinking in the back of my head that I need to listen to this album, and it didn't happen until a month or so ago. As soon as I heard the album, I was mad at myself for not taking the time to listen to it sooner. I absolutely love every song on that album. It's a great, no perfect, summer album. I heard this album so much I felt like I had to buy it. Cisco Adler has a great Voice that complements Shwayze's voice very well. My favorite song is "Hollywood."

Last but certainly not least is The Eminem Show. I really don't think I need to say anymore. Overall I think this is Eminem's best album. His flow is refined and so are his raps. This seems like the most complete album he's ever put together. I also had to buy it to add to my collection. If you remember I bought MMLP and SSLP a few months back, but I never purchased this. My favorite song is "Till I Collapse."

Next Tuesday I plan on buying Eminem - Relapse, Eminem - Encore, and Busta Rhymes - Back on My B.S. I'll do another writeup then. But until then, WORDAP Fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment