Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Music Video Weekly # 13

This is hands down my favorite Mobb Deep song. This song right here got me into the best duo in rap. I didn't really start listening to rap until around 01 or 02, but I remember catching this joint on rap city and loving how each dude in this group delivered their lyrics. Amerikaz Nightmare was an amazing cd and should have sold way better than it did. Poor sales weren't due to a lackluster album, it was due to the Jive not knowing how to promote a legendary rap group. Havoc and Alchemist handled most of the production on this album which resulted in a cd filled with dark and grimey beats. I loved the concept of this video, it was a shame the sequel video, "Real Gangstaz" wasn't anywhere as decent.

Mobb Deep - Got It Twisted



"Ya’ll get down we gonna clash prob'ly
Peel snowflake out of the abercrombie
I’m tryin to rip Britney so I made Jive sign me" - Havoc

"This is P talking show you where I live
You come right to my crib and get a fo shizz
There'll be manslaughter right in front of my kids
A little blood get on my daughter, that’s nothing she'll live" - Prodigy

No comments:

Post a Comment