Friday, July 3, 2009

Artist to Watch: Novel

I don't know much about this dude at all other than he's an upcoming, Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, and Producer (thanks wiki). Anyways he's dropped some pretty good videos as of late. One just came out and the other one I've been seeing on MTVJams for a few months now. Look out for his album entitled Audiobiography coming later this year. He also has an EP on Amazon if you want to check that out.

Novel - So Much More (feat. Joell Ortiz & Papoose)



Novel doesn't rap on this song but he sings and I'm guessing he also produced it. It's a really good uplifting type of song. Joell kills his verse, literally. It's up there with his Slaughterhouse verses if you ask me. And to a somewhat surprise, Papoose does a really good job on this song too. He's gotten to the point where people say he over saturated himself and dropped so many mixtapes that he's washed up. Well this song should prove some of those haters wrong. Papoose can still make good raps. I think his best efforts are serious songs like this where he doesn't try to hard to make a dope punchline but just talks real shit.

Novel - I Am (feat. Ben Folds, Talib Kweli, and Spree Wilson)



Ok here is the video I've been seeing for a couple of months on MTVJams. I really like this song a lot. Ben Folds is on the piano and hook while Novel, Talib Kweli and Spree Wilson rap. Talib Kweli is perfect for this song. Novel drops some knowledge too. I don't know much about Spree Wilson but he is also dope on this. Dude has a very unique voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment